I have an Associate of Science in Healthcare Administration. I graduated on the Dean's List with a 4.0 GPA from San Joaquin University. My studies focused on basic business and healthcare skills. I took classes such as:
- Medical Terminology
- Advanced Composition
- Ethics for Healthcare Professionals
- Introduction to Healthcare Software & Technology
- Introduction to Healthcare Delivery Systems
- Fundamentals of Healthcare Reimbursement
- Economics of the Healthcare Industry
As part of my undergraduate program, I completed a research capstone project on using stories as a valuable teaching tool. This project was comprised of a analysis, literature review, and in-person interviews.
Memberships and Certifications
- Member of the American Medical Association (September 2006 - July 2007)
- Content Marketing & Inbound Marketing Certified (Completed April 2019)
I have worked as Staff Writer for a New York-based digital newspaper. My responsibilities included fact-checking, ethical research, and proofreading for grammar, content, style, and formatting issues. I communicated with the Editor-in-Chief in regards to images and any changes that need to be made. I'm familiar with many writing styles, including AP, AP Chicago, and MLA.
I have also worked at a chiropractor's office where my responsibilities included creating and updating patient information. During my time, I also performed basic health insurance tasks.
I am currently studying copywriting, neuroplasticity, and emotional intelligence. I want to use these skills to improve my writing and to change career paths.